BSCN creates an environment to foster internationally competitive, innovative and interdisciplinary research in Basel at the forefront of stem cell research and tissue regeneration. The BSCN activities include:
- Scientific networking that aims to initiate and intensify exchange between the BSCN member groups and institutions with expertise in basic and clinically related stem cell research. Research Groups
- Conferences organized in Basel that aim to promote international interdisciplinary contacts and collaborations with world-class centers. News & Events
- Lectures and seminars by invited renowned scientists and by BSCN group members that aim to educate and attract young scientists and clinicians to the field of stem cell research. News & Events & Education
- Post-graduate teaching courses at the University of Basel that aim to educate the future generation of stem cell scientists. Education
- Workshops for the lay audience on diverse topics of basic and applied stem cell research that aim to create a dialogue in the field that is highly publicized but often overwhelmingly complex for the general public. Education.
The BSCN Steering Committee is composed of representatives of the academic member institutions:
Fiona Doetsch (Biozentrum, University of Basel); Raphael Guzman (University Hospital Basel); Ivan Martin (DBM, University of Basel); Jakob Passweg (University Hospital Basel); Antoine Peters (FMI); Timm Schroeder (D-BSSE) and Verdon Taylor (DBM, chairman BSCN). Research Groups
BSCN webmaster: Werner Indlekofer Email.