The University of Basel attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail, telephone number, photo, user behavior, IP address, etc.
Personal data is always processed in compliance with the Information and Data Protection Act of the Canton of Basel-Stadt (IDG) applicable to the University of Basel and, if applicable, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG). In addition, the University of Basel complies with the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), which may be applicable, and states the relevant legal basis for this case in each case, in accordance with Art. 13 Para. 1 lit c DSGVO.
The use of certain offers on the website baselstemcells.ch, including the use of any newsletters and forms, may require the collection, processing and longer-term storage of personal data such as name, address, telephone number, or mail address. We process this data in accordance with Art. 9 of the Information and Data Protection Act of the Canton of Basel-Stadt (IDG) or the corresponding university regulations.
If and insofar as the European Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) applies, we process the data:
- based on legal requirements (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO) or in the public interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e DSGVO),
- based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO),
- to fulfill contractual obligations as well as to carry out corresponding pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO),
- to protect the legitimate interests of us or of third parties (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO),
- to protect vital interests of you or another natural person (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d DSGVO).
Any consent you have given us for certain services can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Personal data that has already been accumulated will be deleted if it is no longer required for the purposes for which the data was collected. Instead of deletion, the data will be blocked if there are legal or contractual reasons against deletion.
If you would like us to delete your personal data completely, please contact: Werner Indlekofer, Webmaster BSCN.
For security reasons, e.g. to be able to clarify cases of abuse and to secure our network infrastructure, so-called access data, which are automatically collected when calling up the website baselstemcells.ch, are stored in a web server log file on servers of the University of Basel for a period of 4 weeks. In the event of an attack on our network infrastructure, longer-term storage may be necessary for reasons of evidence and for possible civil or criminal prosecution of the attacker.
The following access data is collected:
- website visited
- time of day at the time of access
- browser used
- operating system used
- IP address
The University of Basel uses technical and organizational security measures to ensure that the data it collects and further processes via the website baselstemcells.ch,
- remains confidential and is protected from accidental or unlawful access, alteration or disclosure, and from loss or destruction; and
- access to the data is granted exclusively on a need-to-know basis to those persons who need to access the personal data by virtue of their function and duties.
The measures to be taken depend on the type of information, the type and purpose of use and the respective state of the art.
Our website baselstemcells.ch is offered encrypted.
Encryption ensures that the website accessed (the information requested) also comes from the server it claims to be. Unencrypted traffic can be manipulated by third parties.
The University of Basel or Basel Stem Cell Network has not reviewed websites linked to the website baselstemcells.ch via hyperlinks as well as displayed RSS feeds and assumes no liability for their content or for the products, services and other offers provided thereon.
Users of the website baselstemcells.ch, through which we process personal data, have the right, within the framework of the applicable legal provisions, to obtain at any time
- to receive free confirmation as to whether personal data is being processed by the University of Basel (§25 and §26 IDG),
- to information about any stored data,
- to restriction of the processing of the data,
- to data transfer, if and to the extent that the DSGVO is applicable,
- to correction, blocking or deletion of this data,
- to revocation of any consent given,
- to object to the processing of your personal data.
In this regard, you can always contact us at our contact address:
BSCN webmaster: Werner Indlekofer Email.
Fiona Doetsch (Biozentrum, University of Basel); Raphael Guzman (University Hospital Basel); Ivan Martin (DBM, University of Basel); Jakob Passweg (University Hospital Basel); Antoine Peters (FMI); Timm Schroeder (D-BSSE) and Verdon Taylor (DBM, chairman BSCN).
University of Basel
Petersplatz 1, P.O. Box
Data Protection Officer of the University of Basel:
Danielle Kaufmann lic. iur.